Customizing your store
Enjoy full creative control with Spring’s new custom stores. Give fans a 360-degree branded shopping experience from browsing to transactional emails.
We’re rolling out custom stores to all creators from now through May 2021. You’ll see a popup notification within your dashboard when you’ve been upgraded to this feature. Once you have access you’ll be able to take advantage of the features below. Visit your dashboard now to see if you’ve been upgraded to custom stores.
- Branded shopping experience: The brand customizations you apply to your store will be reflected on your listing pages and even the transactional emails buyers receive after purchasing.
- Feature social media accounts: Make your social profiles more discoverable by adding clickable social icons to your store’s navigation bar and/or store footer.
- Custom domains: Your store will have a unique domain generated based on its name, but you’ll also have the ability to connect or purchase a custom domain too. Learn more in the domain section below.
- New preview options: Preview your store on desktop and mobile devices within the store editor to ensure everything looks perfect.
- Additional customization capabilities: Use the hero banner’s “advanced settings” to add custom buttons, headings and text to your store.
- Change your store name and copy your store URL easily to share with fans.
- Pick products to add to your store. Add to your store manually within the Stores tab by following the steps below.
Custom domains (new)
A unique domain encourages trust and enhances your brand, overtime it can also increase your search rankings and discoverability online. When you create a new custom store on Spring your store URL will be YourStoreName/creator-spring.com by default. However, you now have the ability to connect a custom domain you own or to purchase a totally new one.
How to connect an existing domain
If you have already purchased a domain using an external registrar, enter it within the “Stores” tab of the dashboard and select “connect a domain”. Once connected, whenever someone enters your URL e.g. www.mystore.com, they’ll be taken to your custom Spring store. If you don’t own a domain yet, skip to the next section to learn how to purchase one.
To connect your existing domain to your store, you’ll need to edit your DNS settings in your domain registrar’s control panel to include a CNAME and A record that points to your store. Learn more about connecting an existing domain below.
How to purchase a domain
Currently you’re able to purchase a domain on Spring through third-party services such as Go Daddy, Namecheap, Google, or Bluehost. In the coming weeks we’ll also give creators the ability to purchase custom domains hosted through Spring. Learn more.