New Creator Tool: Design on Demand (Beta)
You bring the genius idea, we’ll help bring it to life.
Ideas. We all have them. But unfortunately, not all of us are professional digital designers.
Well, that’s no longer an issue. We’re rolling out several tools to support creators, and the first one up is Design on Demand, offered in Beta. Meaning—if you have an awesome design idea but aren’t well versed in digital design tools (understandable), then just tell our team what you’re dreaming up and we’ll create it for you. And then it’s all yours.
Here’s how it works, and how to get the most out of this new service.
Coming up with your idea
You might have tons of design ideas already. But if not, here are a few pointers to get the wheels turning:
- The starting point. Whether you have a small following on TikTok, a handful of podcast listeners, or 1k subscribers on YouTube, your community is your biggest source of inspo. Say you have a show about your favorite sports team—why not create some products for other diehards?
- Moments with your community. Think of moments or phrases you’ve shared online that are memorable. Take for example stand up comedian Tahir Moore. He said a hilarious line off the cuff in one of his videos. He then turned that line into a design idea, applied it to a product, and it sold like crazy (full story linked here).
3. Calendar events. Pay attention to key holidays and relevant events happening throughout the year. For example, Pride-themed products do especially well in June, and so on.
After you purchase Design on Demand, you’ll get an email inviting you to submit your idea (aka your brief). The key here is being super clear and super specific. Beyond describing your idea, we also strongly suggest sending the following as well:
- Include inspiration behind your idea, as well as examples of other designs you admire (like links on the web or image files).
- Give us context of your brand. It’ll help to include reference files like logos, brand guides, fonts, or any messaging or writing documents you’ve created.
- Share links to your website and social media pages, and specify your type of content (influencer, food blogger, fitness enthusiast).
- Don’t be afraid to over communicate. Share as many files and notes as you’d like with our design team.
Process and next steps
After 1-3 days, you’ll receive the first draft of your design. You’ll get one design revision, so think carefully about your instructions. After that, you’re good to go—you’ll own the design and can apply it across our most popular products.
Ready to go?