Guide to digital products
Digital products are non-physical assets sold by means of a downloadable link online. They can be anything from digital calendars to e-books, audiobooks, photo filters, digital wallpapers, and virtual events. Your options are limitless. Join the digital revolution, enhance your product collection, and begin monetizing your content.
Many creators begin earning thousands of dollars in digital products sales within their first 30 days. If you’re not sure about which digital product to start with, get some inspiration here.
Navigate the Digital Launcher
Follow these steps in the Digital Launcher to start selling your digital product:
- Choose a category that fits your type of digital product
- Upload your digital product file. This is the file fans will purchase and download. You can only upload one file at a time. If you have a ‘bundle’ of products, or want to include assets such as instructions, be sure to optimize your files into a compressed (.zip) folder and upload them all together.
Product title and description
Ensure the wording you select for your title and description is unique to your brand and the nature of your digital product.
- Mention inspiration behind your digital product
- Let your community know what to expect after purchasing and downloading
- If applicable, explain how to upload the digital product onto various devices or app’s. It’s important to explain how fans can start using your downloadable product.
Pricing your digital products
There are a few things to remember when determining the ideal price for your digital product.
- Consider your community and what they are willing to pay
- How complex is your digital product? Make sure the price mirrors the value. Factor in the time you have invested creating it.
- Keep up with the digital product market. Get your prices right the first time and you’ll see the benefits. Compare your prices with others and make sure you’re neither cutting yourself short nor overpricing.
Showcasing your digital content
- Your preview images should present the product “in action” so buyers can picture what it is they’re buying. For example, if you are selling a wallpaper, include images of your design on several devices. Check out the preview images Bonnie provides for her Vibin’ wallpaper bundle.
- You can upload up to 4 images of your digital product. Choose a featured image to appear first when fans visit your product page.
- We recommend preview images are 900×900 pixels, 1MB in size, and are .jpeg, .png, or jpg. file format.
- Ensure you have plenty of effective mock-up templates to drop your designs into. Use your Placeit subscription to create flawless product preview images. Head here to find our free top picks.
Starting from scratch
Create a synergy between physical and digital products. Recycle your successful physical product designs to create new digital products. For example, Spring creator Liam Kyle Sullivan used their popular “Kelly” design to make a t-shirt and mobile wallpaper.
Test the waters. Run a poll on social media to get an idea of your community’s preferences. Trial your digital product with family and friends first and use their feedback to tailor your product accordingly. You can share your listing with a select group of people by making your product “unlisted” using the privacy settings in the Digital Launcher.
Consider creating limited edition digital products to create urgency. Sell them at a special reduced price on a first come first serve basis using the promotions tool (simply deactivate the promo code when you reach a certain number of sales).
Learn more about creating your first digital product and then head to the Digital Launcher below to create your first digital product.