How to Design & Promote Mother’s Day Merch
It’s almost time to celebrate mom, which means your fans are looking for ways to celebrate mom, too! Mother’s Day this year is on Sunday, May 14th, and it’s a golden opportunity for creators to capitalize on excess consumer spending. Did you know that according to the National Retail Federation, expected Mother’s Day spending totaled $31.7 billion in 2022, up $3.6 billion from 2021’s record spending! Approximately 84% of U.S. adults are expected to celebrate Mother’s Day, so what are you waiting for? Now is the time to design!
For ideas, think of what moms would shop for themselves and check out our Mother’s Day collection. Some women’s merch favorites include:
- Women’s Tees
- Women’s Flowy Tanks
- Yoga Pants
- Wine Glasses
- Tote Bags
Add a catchy slogan to capture the sentiment. Sure, “Best Mom Ever” is a good one, but don’t be afraid to get creative. Moms do A LOT! How can we honor all that they do for us? And don’t forget, there are all types of moms, from new moms, grandmothers, step moms, soon-to-be-moms, and even dog moms.
As for color palettes, pink is always a favorite. But you can also capitalize on this Spring’s other trendy colors, like lavender, teal, tangerine, and bright green.
Now that you have some design ideas, here are 5 key ways to boost sales with your Mother’s Day Merch:
- Don’t wait! Start creating and designing now. It takes a minute to mock up, get products ready, and finally launch. Shipping cut off dates are 04/24/23 for US orders, so you need to promote your merch and give fans enough time to order. Also, here’s a pro tip: create Mother’s Day promo codes and use them when promoting your merch on social to help you boost sales!
- Order a sample. Another reason you want to create now is so you can order a sample in time to promote special Mother’s Day merch on your socials. Bonus if you can get a mom to wear your merch!
- Create promo codes. You definitely want to create Mother’s Day promo codes to drive sales and create a sense of urgency to buy now so fans can get their order before Mother’s Day..
- Get personal. Why is Mother’s Day important to you? How can we celebrate all Moms? Share your experience. Fans relate to real emotions.
- Repost UGC (user generated content). Encourage your fans to wear your merch and post on their socials. This is an organic way to spread your brand, and it gets more people interested in you and your merch.
Creators can deepen their connection with their fans by promoting merch that honors the role moms have played in their own lives. Happy prospering and HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!