Don’t miss the YouTube X Teespring livestream event kicking off on Cyber Weekend
cyber weekend, integration, live merch alerts, livestream, merch shelf, promo codes, sales
On Cyber Weekend next week, Teespring is teaming up with YouTube to offer you livestream shopping for your fans. Between the 27th-30th November, this interactive event gives creators the perfect opportunity to maximize their reach and connect with communities globally. As we move even further into the virtual world and with the arrival of digital products, Cyber Weekend is set to be HUGE this year.
An event you won’t want to miss…
Take this moment to really push promotion of your new, groundbreaking digital products. Shout about the fact your fans can download instantly without leaving the stream, and triggered alerts in-chat for every purchase allow you to give shout-outs 😏
- Live merch alerts give you the chance to connect with your fans in real time. That said, 74% of followers online say they’re more likely to purchase and download a digital product by watching a video.
- With global lockdowns still prevalent, your community will have time to support, watch live, and shop.
- Livestreaming virtually replicates the real-life shopping experience fans would get walking around shops.
- Grow your community—creators that plan to host livestreams with the shopping feature over Cyber Weekend are Marble Runs (1M subscribers) and TagBackTV (800K) among many other huge creators.
Your livestreaming Cyber Weekend timeline
To take part in this event and use live merch alerts, you’ll need to set up the Teespring x YouTube merch shelf integration first. Find out how and apply if you’re eligible here. Not to worry if you haven’t got access yet, you can still kill it with sales and promotions via your livestream using the strategies below.
- Black Friday—while your fans are excited and raring to go, plan a physical merch drop on Black Friday and announce a discount code especially for those who tune into your stream to use on their purchases over the weekend. Remind fans about your shipping cut-off dates if they’d like to receive their products by Christmas. NOW really is their time to get their orders in!
- Cyber Monday—the clue is in the ‘cyber’. It’s digital product time. Keep your sales going and introduce another exclusive discount code for livestream followers and get them hyped over your brand new digital content. No shipping cut off dates to worry about here, or waiting at all for that matter. Fans can download and start using.
- Giving Tuesday—because you should also use peak sales period to give back. Set up a charitable donation through your merch sales on Giving Tuesday. Pick your favourite charity, making sure your fans know that a proportion of each sale will be going to a good cause.
Head to your dashboard to set up your Cyber Weekend promo-codes or check out the blog with more guidance on how to get the most out of your sales this year.