Your go-to guide for the holidays
custom domain, cyber weekend, holiday guide, holidays, promotions, samples, selling success
Some creators sell more during the holiday season than the entire year combined. Make this holiday season your most successful yet.
It may seem a little overwhelming at first—but we’ve got you. Below, we’ve laid out key dates you can follow to put yourself in the best position possible. Here’s how.
1) Create a holiday product collection
We’ve found certain products sell especially well during the holidays. Here’s what’s been proven to sell the best (based on current trends and recent years):
- Hoodies (and matching kids hoodies)
- Premium Tees
- All-Over Print Sweatshirts
- All-Over Print Unisex Joggers
- Stainless Tumblers
- Tote Bags
- Long Sleeve Tees
- Bucket hats
Aim to create your holiday product collection by October 1st. This will give you enough time to order samples, prepare your content schedule, and maximize sales over the next 3 months. Take note of the Christmas delivery cutoff dates for fans too, so no one misses out. Add new products to your collection just in time for the holidays, and add limited edition holiday designs.
2) Order samples and x3 your sales
Once you’ve finished creating, it’s time to promote. Best way: Ordering product samples. Creators who do so sell 3x more than those who don’t.
That said, we’d recommend ordering your product samples by October 10. This gives you enough time for shipping, then for you to create your promo content. Flick through the samples guide to find out the best ways to use samples to promote your products.
Tag us (@springforcreators)in social content featuring your samples, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #createshareearn for the chance to be featured in our 2021 holiday campaign on Instagram and get more eyes on your brand ✨
3) Prepare for Black Friday weekend
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the biggest online shopping days of the year. Creators who offer discounts during this weekend can double their sales. We suggest running sales during those days—creators who’ve done so in the past have doubled their sales. In that, you’ll want to schedule your sales by November 1st, so you’re ready to switch your promotions on in your dashboard when the time comes.
4) Prepare your store for peak seasonal selling
We’ve got three quick ways to optimize your store for the season:
- Feature products in your store: these can get 20% more views on average.
- Add your branding to your store: stores with custom branding see 35% increase in conversion rates.
- Customize your domain: creators with custom domains can sell up to 5x more on average than those who don’t. Also, when you set up a domain with us, you’ll automatically receive an SSL certification, making your store more search friendlier as well as more secure or fans.
We recommend doing all of this by November 1. If you need a good example, see @ashleyooacevedo’s top tips.
5) Keep profits rolling until Christmas with digital products
Okay, we just threw a bunch of dates at you. One thing with a bit of flexibility is digital products. Since these don’t have to actually ship anywhere (fans download immediately), you have up until the holiday itself to sell these products. Ensure your digital products are added to your store ASAP, so you can start promoting right away. Go extra hard on promotions after Cyber Weekend.
Get fans excited with special promotions on holiday themed digital products. Include bonus products (e.g. a free wallpaper background) with their digital product purchase—this is a great way to boost your sales even more.